More info and FAQ's
If you're having problems with your Minelab product we can help.
Lunatek provide detailed tracking or your repair by email and SMS and provide you with an online account to check how your repair is proceeding.
Authorised Minelab - ASC Engineer
- Explorer Series*
- Sovereign Series*
- Eureka Gold Series
- GPX Series GPX 4500, 4800, 5000
- Go-Find Series & Pro Find 25
- Treasure FBS Series
- Excalibur Series*
- CTX -3030
- X-Terra Series
- Note: Parts availability for ‘out of production’ Minelab Detectors may be limited to non-proprietary repairs at all Minelab Service Centers
RMA: Your RMA is issued by email after your product is booked in, please use our booking system shown at the bottom of this page.
Please use the booking system whenever possible it saves time and is the fastest method to process your request & track repairs and ask any questions,, however if you have a problem please follow the instructions below and email [email protected] with the details requested, we will then book your product in for you. ( please note confirmation may be delayed when emailing whereas the booking system with the exception of the RMA is automated)
GENERAL REPAIR / MODIFICATIONS
General Repair / Modifications: Non-Warranty Troubleshooting, Service and Repair for Metal Detectors as follows:
Repair: Troubleshooting, Service and Repair for all brands with non-proprietary (mechanical) problems (e.g. switches, wiring, grounding, batteries, connectors, etc.). We recommend Customer call Lunatek to discuss repair needs prior to shipping detector.
Modifications: The Lunatek Repair Center offers Non-Warranty modifications such as after-market coil / headphone replacements / upgrades and remote pinpoint switch modifications, rechargeable battery upgrades for Minelab Excaliburs, etc. Please call the Repair Center to discuss your modification needs prior to shipping detector to Kellyco for modification.
IN WARRANTY DEVICES
STEP 1: DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM
Check your product to ensure that the problem you are experiencing is not related to the installation or usage of the product.
STEP 2: IN-WARRANTY SERVICE
- Refer to the limited Warranty statement that came with your product for complete details.
- Refer to the information below or the Minelab website for further warranty information on your product
- Your Warranty card, must have been completed and returned to Minelab online or in hard copy within 14 days of the date of purchase
- Include your proof of purchase indicating that the product was purchased during the warranty period. Please keep your original receipt and send only a copy to us.
STEP 3: BOOK IN YOUR PRODUCT WITH US
- You can book in below using the wizard, if you have not completed our intake form we will email you a form to complete prior to commencing the repair. ( A valid email will be required)
- You will require an RMA to return your product this may have already been issued by Minleab, please include this with any correspondence , email, letter notes, etc.
- In the absence of a MInelab RMA we will issue a Lunatek RMA for the return, do not send your product until you are in receipt of the RMA number.
- In addition to booking online through this website clearly detail the fault with you product on a note of paper in the box, include your name address email address and telephone number and the Minelab RMA or LunateK RMA clearly marked on the note and the RMA on the outside of the parcel.
After booking You will also be able to add information to your account and detail the faults online, this additional information is always appreciated and speeds up the process for the engineers and administration, to raise a ticket or look at the existing status of the repair use the green button below.
Include your name, address, daytime phone number, and e-mail. Your return address must be able to receive a DHL - UPS packages.
STEP 4: MAILING PRODUCT
- As above provide a detailed description of the problem(s) for which service is required.
- Package the product securely to avoid damage during transit.
- ONLY use a carrier that will provide a complete tracking invoice such as DPD/INTERLINK, ROYAL MAIL or CERTIFIED Mail
- Please note, when received your product will be examined and photographed, ensuring all the items present are accounted for, the images will be uploaded to your account for you to view and acts as our proof of the items received, if any items are missing you should contact your courier immediately and claim against any loss incurred through transit.
- We also document all the relevant product serial numbers and list them within your account under assets, the products are tagged with a barcode, identifying the device is associated with your account.
- We do not require your metal detector shaft. ( this saves space when posting) (Exceptions shaft failures).
- If your battery is not faulty in or out of warranty please do not send it
- Please use your Lunatek online account to track the progress of your repair, you can contact us using this system, the details will be emailed to you when you book in below or register online. MY SUPPORT TICKETS
EXPEDITED SERVICE & REPAIR
We offer an optional expedited service, (next on bench) this service is available upon request, £50.00 +VAT
BEFORE YOU POST YOUR MACHINE
BEFORE YOU POST ! HAVE YOU GOT YOUR RMA NUMBER?
CLEARLY MARK ON YOUR BOX / CONTAINER THE CONTENTS & IT IS BEING RETURNED FOR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY REPAIR
IF OUTSIDE THE EU ADD A CUSTOMS DECLARATION FORM
WHERE TO SEND AND ADDRESS YOUR PARCEL
SEND TO AND MARK WITH YOUR RMA NUMBER - TICKET NUMBER
LUNATEK - MINELAB EUROPE WARRANTY REPAIR ASC
3 Southfield Avenue, Preston, Paignton, DEVON, TQ3 1LJ ,United Kingdom
OUT OF WARRANTY GUIDE AND INFORMATION
OUT OF WARRANTY
Europe - United Kingdom - Non Warranty - Other repair - Service
No problem we can help and we have setup an affordable solution to assist you. Now you can get your Metal Detector repaired!
We provide an estimate before commencing repair.
Lunatek can repair and service out of Warranty Minelab Metal Detectors and can assess your Metal detecting device and estimate your repair.
Please note the prices shown only cover return postage within the UK, other EU regions upon request
How much does this service cost.
REPAIR: ( Service - Assessment - diagnosis - Optional repair)
Services start from £52.50. + Postage and packaging / assessment / diagnosis ( P&P other EU continental areas will vary and be subject to additional charge) additional time is charged at £26.25 per 30 minutes, the prices shown are subject to VAT at + 20%
When you authorise a repair our Service and Assessment charge is effectively free and will be allocated against your repair, this will be shown as 1 hours labour within your repair estimate.
If additional problems are found after commencement of the repair you will be advised and any estimate issued revised
You can book online below, use the link below to pay for the assessment and diagnosis for repair this will ensure the fastest turnaround possible for your product.
TURN AROUND TIME
Add your content here...
Most repairs are completed in approximately 7-14 working days (best endeavours, times may vary) (transit time not included).
Please note after authorisation and your repair is completed you will be emailed an electronic invoice with the options clearly detailed for payment.
- Direct Bank transfers are always appreciated, payment options are detailed on your invoice
- Please send an email to confirm your bank transfer when using this method of payment
- Credit and debit cards are accepted securely online we only use secure payment systems and all data is encrypted
- We are also registered under the UK data protection act of 1998
Please note payment will be required in advance of release of your serviced or repaired products, payment terms are strictly payment on request.
We do not supply individual parts for DIY repair.
GENERAL NOTES AND INFORMATION
Please note your machine, component, product may be disassembled for inspection and diagnosis.
Delivery and returns:
Purchasers must return any defective Products to Lunatek a Minelab Authorised Service Centre (as listed on Minelab's website www.minelab.com.au) The Purchaser is responsible for all freight, insurance, taxes, duties and any costs of returning the relevant Product to a Minelab Authorised Service Centre (Lunatek) If it is determined that the Purchaser's warranty claim is valid, the repaired or replaced Product will be returned to the Purchaser at Minelab's cost. If the claim is determined by Minelab to be invalid, the Purchaser will be responsible for meeting the costs of having the relevant Product returned to, together with the costs of diagnosis/repair/replacement of the product by Minelab (if any).
MINELAB LIMITED WARRANTY CONDITIONS
Minelab Company Product Warranty
Limited Product Warranty Conditions
1. Subject to the terms and conditions outlined in this express warranty, Minelab Electronics Pty Ltd (ACN 008 208 446) ("Minelab") warrants that its products ("Products") will be free from defects in materials or workmanship for the periods specified in paragraph 2 ("Minelab's Warranty").2. Minelab's Warranty periods are as follows ("Warranty Periods"):
2.1 Electronic control boxes (with the exception of the Excalibur), Minelab branded search coils, handles, shafts, headphones, bags and battery chargers are under warranty for a period of 3 years (36 months) from the date of retail purchase as set out in the Warranty Registration Card ("Date of Purchase").
2.2 The Excalibur is warranted for a period of 1 year (12 months) from the Date of Purchase.2.3 Batteries and all accessory items not listed in paragraph 2.1 or paragraph 2.2 are under warranty for a period of 6 months from the Date of Purchase.
3. This warranty will not be effective unless:
3.1 the Warranty Registration Card is completed (either online or in hard copy) and returned to Minelab within 14 days of the Date of Purchase;3.2 Minelab is notified in writing of any alleged defect within 30 calendar days of the Purchaser first becoming aware of the alleged defect. All notifications to Minelab must be sent to Minelab's Australian, United States or Irish Address; and 3.3 after notifying Minelab of the alleged defect, the Purchaser complies with all reasonable directions issued by Minelab in relation to the assessment of the fault and the return and/or repair of the relevant Products (in accordance with clause 5).
4. To the maximum extent permitted by law this warranty:
4.1 is extended to the purchaser identified in the Warranty Registration Card ("Purchaser") and is transferable to a legitimate subsequent owner residing within the country of the original purchase;4.2 does not extend to any indirect or consequential loss or damage, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss suffered as a result of a failure in the operation or performance of the Products sold, repaired or serviced;4.3 does not cover any loss of income or expenses claimed or incurred as a result of failure of the Products;4.4 does not cover damage caused by accident, misuse, negligent act or omission, alteration, modifications or unauthorised service by the Purchaser or any other party;4.5 commences on the Date of Purchase and expires at the end of the relevant Warranty Period;4.6 is limited to operation of the Products under normal use and in accordance with Minelab's printed instructions; and4.7 is limited to repair, replacement or service (at Minelab's sole discretion) of any part or parts which are returned to Minelab or a Minelab Authorised Service Centre, and which on Minelab's examination conclusively appears to be defective.
5. Purchasers must return any defective Products to one of Minelab's Office addresses (see below) or a Minelab Authorised Service Centre (as listed on Minelab's website www.minelab.com.au), as determined by the location of the Purchaser. The Purchaser is responsible for all freight, insurance, taxes, duties and any costs of returning the relevant Product to Minelab or a Minelab Authorised Service Centre. If it is determined that the Purchaser's warranty claim is valid, the repaired or replaced Product will be returned to the Purchaser at Minelab's cost. If the claim is determined by Minelab to be invalid, the Purchaser will be responsible for meeting the costs of having the relevant Product returned to it, together with the costs of repair/replacement of the Product by Minelab (if any).
6. Minelab's Warranty is limited as set out above. Subject to all relevant laws in each jurisdiction within which the warranty operates, and clauses 7, 8 and 9 below, no other warranty, guarantee or representation as to the Products or their performance is made or given by Minelab.7. The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to all other non-excludable warranties, conditions, guarantees, rights and remedies in respect of the Products that a warranty holder may have under the Australian Consumer Law as set out in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) ("ACL") and corresponding laws in each jurisdiction within which the warranty operates from time to time ("Non-Excludable Terms").
8. To the extent permitted by law, Minelab’s liability for any Non-Excludable Term applicable under the ACL or equivalent laws is limited to (at Minelab’s option):
8.1 in the case of goods - replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, repair of the goods, payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods, or payment of the costs of having the goods repaired; and
8.2 in the case of services - the supply of the services again or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
9. Minelab provides the following advice to all Purchasers who are consumers as defined by the ACL and to whom the ACL applies, as required by the ACL:
9.1 Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
9.2 Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
Please note that the term "major failure" as used in clause 9.1 has a defined meaning under the ACL.
10. Minelab advises Purchasers that any servicing or repair of the Products undertaken by Minelab or a Minelab Authorised Service Centre, regardless of whether undertaken as a result of a valid claim being made by a Purchaser under Minelab's Warranty, may result in the loss of data stored on the Products (user-generated data).
11. If any provision of this document is prohibited, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that provision will, as to that jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of the prohibition, invalidity or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions of this document or affecting the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
|Minelab Contact Details|
|Australia||2 Second Ave, Mawson Lakes, SA 5095Ph: +618 8238 0888Fax: +618 8238 0890Email: [email protected]||("Australian Address")|
|United States||Attn: Service Department, 1938 University Lane, Suite A, Lisle, IL 60532Ph: +1-877-SOS-MLAB (+1-877-767-6522)Email: [email protected]||("United States Address")|
Minelab website product notices click here
Minelab website click here